6.28.2008

One Down, Seven To Go.

Yesterday I finished my first of eight weeks of working at Camp Best. I'm a junior counselor; I spend my mornings with a bunch of second graders, and the afternoon doing arts & crafts and cooking with first through fourth graders. For the most part, I love my kids to death but some of the kids in the camp are just well, ridiculous. A four year old boy was kicked out by the third day, because of his behavior. Craziness. Plus, I have a boy in my morning group who just can't listen! I think he had ADHD, but it's so difficult because I have to make sure he's doing what he's supposed to, and then watch all the other kids at the same time. Thankfully, I have plenty of others to help me. I'm with a counselor and two other junior counselors. Sadly, I don't get along with the counselor & one of the junior counselors, but it'll change soon. They have to split up the second graders because there's around 30 of them. Again, craziness. Overall though, I'm super excited for the next 7 weeks.

Meh, okay so I figured I'd add something a little bit fashion related to this post. Here's pictures of what I wear daily.

Daily Hair:
super high bun + my favorite black elastic headband

Daily Wear:
Camp Best staff shirt
a tank top (yellow, orange, or white)
various pair of denim shorts/black soffees
black elephant necklace
black strappy sandals
stop global warming bracelet + argonauts bracelet
My clothes are pretty simple because I'm running around with little kids all day. Still though, I always wear my black elephant necklace and black strappy sandals. I think I might be obsessed?

11 comments:

Maureen said...

so today i had to watch a three year old and his older brother, who was probably 7? and it was hell. i don't know how you do it. it must be overwhelming..but fufilling.

Anonymous said...

new blog

old;simplyfashionable
new:mylittlewhitecloset.blogspot.com
:]

FabFashionista said...

Well congrats on getting through work!!

I'm sure things will change between you and the other Jr. Counselors.

ADHD is tough to deal with but I know you'll get through it. I deal with it all the time when I babysit or help out at after school.

Best of Luck!!

PS: Very fashionable and chic of how you dressed up your camp outfit.

Live.Love.Laugh.

Stephanie said...

Kids are tough, man! I teach swim lessons and I totally feel ya.

Human Racing said...

Ah, I shall soon know what you're going through. I have to help out at a day camp for kids during August. I don't even like children. haha.

Hang in there!

Morgan said...

omg i would be terrified to work with little kids. i start on monday a job at a design place where i live.

wanna trade links??
http://loveha.blogspot.com/

FabFashionista said...

You'll love the Color of Water. I was iffy about it but ended up abosolutely loving it!!

Secretista said...

I see the elephant pendant! :)

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi from Paris Peace friend

I am right now covering the Paris fashion week that began last week and still for few days,
I try to forget nobody interested in fashion and style like you because I know that it could help you to find some inspiration for your coming styles.
Dior, Hermès, Agnès B... I hope you'll like my photo coverage.

have a great evening and keep on being stylish

Kamel
WWW.STYLEANDTHECITY.COM

yiqin; said...

My siblings are a lot younger than me so I know how hard it is to get them to listen!!! I love the elephant necklace!

Hope the remaining 7 weeks will be better! :)

Mary said...

You do the effortlessly chic thing so wear, seriously. You always look so cool, you have this "insta cool" to you. Bottle it. You'd make a fortune... and be much better than Nelly's Pimp Juice.