2.26.2008

High and Wasted at School

Today I wore a highwaisted skirt to school for the first time. Yes I know, probably not a big deal for most of you fashionistas, but it was for me. I received plenty of compliments on my outfit, which doesn't really happen all that much. Also, I had a couple friends ask why my skirt was so high, but whatever. I felt cute, and oddly more comfortable than usual. Take a looksee:


White V-Neck: Hanes, 5 for $8.99

Skirt: Beall's, $?

Elephant Necklace: Forever 21, gift

Anchor Necklace: Forever21, gift

Knit Footless Tights: Target, $?

Grey Pointy-Toed Flats: Kohls, $6.99


Aside from the outfit, Winterball is this Friday and I'm really excited for it. I have everything together except for the bag. I guess I'll either borrow one from my mom or go out and buy a simple clutch in either purple or magenta (the colors in the shoes). Here's some pictures:


16 comments:

Unknown said...

where is the black sequin dress from?

Sammie said...

the dress is from forever 21

biancaaa said...

YAY i love both your outfit and your winter ball dress!
I Love your elephant necklace too!

Wendy said...

You look really lovely in that sequin dress. I need a high waisted denim skirt soon or I might die.

Andy said...

The first one is cute, and i like the black dress in the second one.

Secretista said...

OMG. I love Elephants and all things high waisted!!

Olivia said...

Fabulous dress!! I love the skirt so much. I'm not sure why anyone would ask why the skirt was so high, isn't that the point of a high-waisted skirt? (:

The Stylish Wanderer said...

Love the elephant necklace

lee jones said...

i absolutely love your style. those shoes are especially amazing.



LOVE

LalaLiu said...

yay for your high-waisted adventures! the necklace is way awesome :D

tiana b. said...

I know what you mean about wearing the skirt to school can be a big deal, especially if your school is mostly jeans and t-shirt all the time.

Ane said...

I like your dress :-)

♥Layla♥ said...

you should be proud cause that`s such a cute skirt!I absolutely am in LOVE with the elephant necklace!

Ana said...

i love your elephant necklace

want to trade links?

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

Hi talented stylish friend

congratulation for your blog : very great

i just finished my Paris fashion week photo romance. I try to humanize fashion and mix it with the beauty of Paris.
i hope you'll like them

ps : some stories are translated in the "english" section


best regards

Kamel
street style romancer in Paris

Mari said...

haha, i like the title.

and i like the outfits too!

and i LOVE the jewelry.
really cute.